Sunday, March 6, 2011

St. Baldricks's Day

When I was teaching at St. Anthony's High School three years ago, a co-worker of mine asked if I would be interested in shaving my head for charity that helps the families and survivors of different types of childhood cancers. In the past, I have walked, run, and rode for charity but never considered a haircut. He introduced me to St. Baldrick's and I had the opportunity to talk to some of the kid's who were being treated for cancer in a local New York hospital. I have been taking part in this amazing charity ever since.
The significance of the head shaving is to show solidarity for those children who are undergoing chemotherapy.

If you are interested in learning what St. Baldrick's is and how they help with cancer research just click here.

If you would like to donate, here is a link to my page.

Thank you very much

Mr. Mullady

No comments: