Thursday, June 27, 2013

Thank you for a great year and enjoy your summer.

       Today I came back to the Middle School for a Faculty Meeting and I was struck with how different the school is without the students being there.  The school was lacking energy there was no laughter in the hallways no buzz, it does not feel like a school.  Typically I leave my end of the year farewells for the Completion Ceremony or for my final day talk with you but this year, after being in the empty school I want to do something different.

  To My Students,

     Sometimes in life you do not know how fortunate you are until you lose something and I feel that way right now. Today I started the process of cleaning my classroom and kept thinking about how truly amazing my year was and it was all made possible because of you.  
   Thanks to you I have a job where I laugh every single day, I do not know who else can say that.  I have an opportunity to hear new and fresh ideas from some incredibly talented students. I saw your talents shine through your essays, art work, quizzes, and reflections.  Some of you have more skills as an 8th grader than some high school students.  I would look out into my classroom and see my students who are going to have greater accomplishments than I could every imagine. 
    I loved when you shared your ideas, opinions, thoughts, and stories with me.  It showed growth, both personal and intellectual when you were brave enough to express yourself in front of your peers. Some of my favorite memories of being a teacher come from these moments. Whether it is about a subject or each other, we learn through stories.  Hearing your stories I learned a great deal.
   No matter where you end up next year you are always welcome to visit me.
  
Enjoy your rest this summer.

Best of Luck,

Mr. Mullady
   
   
   


No comments: