Monday, September 10, 2012

Welcome to my Class!





Welcome to the new school year and new beginnings. I am very excited to be your 8th grade Social Studies teacher and would like to take some time to introduce myself.

      My name is Mr. Mullady and this is my 5th year teaching 8th grade at Wellesley Middle School. From 2005-2008, I taught 9th and 10th grade Global Studies and 12th grade Sociology and Participation in Government at St. Anthony's High School in South Huntington New York.
    This is my son Jack who was born on September 5th, the second day of school.


I try and update my class website on a regular basis, but there will be times where I will either miss a posting or simply not post, it all depends on the lesson that we have in the classroom.  The site is a resource but not the source for catching up on class activities and homework assignments.

Today in class we worked on organizing our notebooks and filled out table of content sheets for the Notes and Toolbox sections.  There was a review of the 1790 Map Activity that was assigned last week.

Tonight for H.W. You are too read the 9/11 Oral History handout that was given in class.  Come to class tomorrow prepared to discuss the article, as well as the advantages and disadvantages of oral histories.  I also want you to think about why having primary sources are important for historians.

Thank you,

Mr. Mullady.


No comments: